ARPEPE: Arturo Pelizzatti Perego
In 1984, Arturo Pelizzatti Perego, bolstered by the experience gained in his father’s and grandfather’s firm, decided to create ARPEPE. His aim was to realize the full potential of the unique Valtellina terroir with all the pride and determination required for such an ambitious goal.
To do so, Arturo started producing long-aging Nebbiolo wines according to the rules of the oldest traditions.
Today, Isabella, Emanuele and Guido continue their father’s work as the fifth generation of winemakers and growers. In just a few years, thanks to careful technological innovations and the choice of a young and passionate team, Arturo’s dream has come true: his rare wines are once again a major point of reference on the national and international wine scene.
Guido, Isabella and Emanuele
- Paddy Murphy, A visit to ARPEPE - Part 1 - The Story, The Vine Inspiration, September 11, 2015
- Robert Camuto, Nebbiolo's Northern Summit, Wine Spectator, December 8, 2014
- Eric Asimov, Traipsing the Terroir of Nebbiolo, New York Times, March 27, 2014
- Jamie Goode, Learning to love Nebbiolo: ARPEPE Rosso di Valtellina, Wineanorak, Febraury 14, 2014
- Jeremy Parzen, My number 1 Thanksgiving wine 2013, Dobianchi, November 26, 2013
- Craig Collins, Sommeliers’ Top Wine Recommendations from TEXSOM, ATX MAN, September 2, 2014
- Jeremy Parzen, 1999 Sassella Rocce Rosse by ARPEPE: FANTASTICO, Dobianchi, August 5, 2013